New Jetstream XC and SC Atherectomy Catheters from Bayer HealthCare
Bayer HealthCare announced that the FDA has cleared two new Jetstream atherectomy catheters
The SC (Single Cutter) atherectomy catheter is available in 1.6mm and 1.85 mm cutting diameters. The XC (eXpandable cutter) atherectomy catheter features both front cutting tip and expandable blade technology for use in larger vessels. The XC is available in two cutting diameters:
· 2.1mm blades down / 3.0 mm blades up
· 2.4 mm blades down / 3.4 mm blades up
· Ergonomic design and smaller size (32%)* for improved ease of use.
· New user interface facilitates single or dual operator use.
· Simplified guidewire management through improved wire GARD*.
· Reduces storage space requirements and environmental impact through new control pod design and improved packaging.
The Jetstream Atherectomy System is a versatile debulking solutions for the treatment of peripheral arterial disease (PAD). The system catheters can be used to treat multiple lesion morphologies – from thrombus to the most challenging calcium deposits. Catheters are available in both SC and XC sizes to support treatment of vessels above and below the knee. The Jetstream System consists of a single-use catheter with control pod and a reusable, compact console that mounts to a standard IV stand. The Jetstream System offers active aspiration, which continually removes excised stenotic material and thrombus from the treatment site, reducing the risk of embolism. Excised material is deposited into a collection bag located on the console.
*Compared to previous generation.