Terumo Interventional Systems Expands Their Radial-Specific Family of HeartRail III Coronary Guiding Catheters With the 5 French (Fr) Ikari Shape
A Lower Profile Guiding Catheter Ideally Suited for Treating Interventions in Smaller Stature Patients
SOMERSET, NJ (March 8, 2013) — Terumo Interventional Systems, a strategic business unit of Terumo Medical Corporation, announces the expansion of its family of Heartrail™ III Coronary Guiding Catheters to include a smaller profile 5 Fr Ikari shape, specifically designed to provide backup support and access to target coronary lesions during Transradial Catheterizations. The smaller 5 Fr Heartrail™ Guiding Catheter is designed to help physicians achieve access to the coronary arteries using a smaller-diameter catheter platform, and proprietary Ikari tip shapes, while providing the backup support and body of a traditionally larger French size catheter.
The smaller size enhances the Heartrail™ III guiding catheter portfolio by providing various options in response to guide catheter support needs during Transradial Catheterizations. The Heartrail™ III family of guiding catheters offers the user benefits such as:
• Proprietary outer surface treatment, to reduce friction between the catheter and inner lumen of the artery.
• Flexible shaft design, for optimal trackability, even in tortuous vessels.
• Efficient torque control, providing smooth handling and accurate engagement of the artery.
• High radiopacity, for enhanced visibility that allows accurate tip positioning in the coronary ostium.
• Bigger lumen size, to reduce device friction for ease of device manipulation.
For additional information about Heartrail™ III Guiding Catheters, visit www.terumois.com or connect to your local Terumo sales representative by calling 800-862-4143.