Cath Lab Digest accepts original articles on topics relevant to the cardiac and peripheral catheterization laboratory, whether clinical, research or administrative. Authors should write with the Cath Lab Digest readership in mind, essentially cath lab professionals (nurses, technologists, managers, administrators, and directors) and invasive cardiologists.
All articles must be written by a clinician or allied professional, and educational in nature. If appropriate, articles will be reviewed in a double-blind manner by the Cath Lab Digest editorial board. This generally takes about 1-2 weeks. Comments will then be returned to the author and revisions requested as needed.
Authors will be required to sign a copyright form prior to publication that asserts their work is original. Copyright is transferred to HMP Communications (HMP will generally grant permission for article re-use as long as the original CLD citation is included; please contact the CLD managing editor for future re-publication permission if need be.)
Article length ranges from 1500-4000 words. Images, charts and graphs are welcome. Authors are welcome to submit a headshot to run next to their article.
1. No headers or footers in the Word doc.
2. Do not use “FULL CAPS” at any point throughout the article or for the title.
3. References should be listed at the end of the article. Statements in the article requiring referencing should be given a number corresponding to the reference listed at the end of the article.
4. Authors should be listed beneath title as: Full name, credentials, title, facility, city, and state
5. Corresponding author information should be provided beneath the author listings (include full mailing address, phone and email address)
6. Double-spacing or single-spacing is acceptable
7. Figure or image captions should be listed at the end of the article as follows:
Photo/image file name: Figure 1. Caption here
Do NOT put captions in the text of the article itself.
8. Images should be high-resolution (above 200k in file size or 300dpi) and in their original file formats (ie, jpg, tif, eps, pdf, etc.)
Thank you for considering Cath Lab Digest! Please email your completed manuscript to Rebecca Kapur, Managing Editor, at [email protected]. Large files can be uploaded directly to a website address (contact editor for details). If you have any further questions, you are welcome to email or call the editor directly at (800) 459-8657.