A Letter from the SICP Director:
Register Today: SICP Annual Meeting, July 28-30, 2011, Boston MA
Registration is open and available online at www.sicp.com. Please make your plans to participate in this much-anticipated meeting.
At the Heart of It — The objective of this presentation is to facilitate hands-on learning experience of gross cardiac anatomy. With this experience, the participant will be able to associate anatomical structure with cardiac physiologic and hemodynamic findings. Additionally, the participant will be able to correlate cardiac structural pathophysiology and the associated challenges present in interventional cardiology.
The Managers Retreat breakout session will be a session developed specifically for invasive cardiovascular lab (ICL) leadership. Managers and directors alike will delve into discussion topics such as leadership issues in the ICL, staff recruitment and retention, as well as the always-important patient safety and satisfaction. If you have discussion topics or ideas to contribute to this session, please contact us today. We’d love to have your input and make it about what YOU want! Email email@example.com with your feedback.
The Educators Committee breakout session is fast becoming jam-packed. We hope all educators will make an effort to participate in this session. Discussion topics include an overview and Q&A session with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) regarding the new test outline and communication with the educators. We are also excited to have a Q&A/discussion session with SICP’s representative to the Joint Review Committee on Education in Cardiovascular Technology (JRC-CVT) regarding benchmark selection and setting, how this is utilized, and how to prepare site visitors for their tasks. The educators session will also feature discussion on technology use in the classroom, SICP student participation, legislative updates on a regional basis, and how the education programs can help respond to issues for the profession. Thank you to Patrick Hoier, who has continued to be a driving force for the Educators Committee.
As a reminder, the committee is open to all SICP member educators interested in participating. Please contact SICP at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list! We would love to have your input and contributions.
Advocacy continues to be an important issue for SICP and although slow-moving in some areas, volunteers around the country continue to stay informed on their local issues. It is of the utmost importance that everyone remains diligent and vigilant in their own areas. Volunteers in all areas of the country are needed when it comes to monitoring and communicating advocacy efforts! Jim Lincoln, our Advocacy Chair, has done an exceptional job of uniting issues state to state; however, there are many more issues and slow-moving activity. We see lots of frustrations, so the more people we have working in this area, the better. We welcome as little or as much as you can offer in the way of your volunteer time. If you are interested in participating in the advocacy efforts, please contact us today at email@example.com.
As always, thank you to all the SICP members who continue to support the SICP. We appreciate your continued participation. Encourage others to join — the more united we are, the more we can accomplish!
Please let me know if you have any questions or wish to participate in any committee activities, we welcome your input, and involvement. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Society of Invasive Cardiovascular
The Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals (SICP) is pleased to announce our new online career center, SICP Career Center!
The SICP Career Center is part of the HEALTHeCAREERS Network, an integrated network of hundreds of healthcare career Web sites bringing reach into all clinical and professional healthcare audiences. This new partnership will help (SICP) provide significantly extended value to members and healthcare employers by connecting them to qualified applicants and opportunities in Invasive Cardiovascular Profession.
Job Seekers: Find the RIGHT opportunity with (SICP)!
More than a job board. It’s the definitive resource throughout your entire career.
- Job Listings: The most comprehensive listing of Invasive Cardiovascular Professional opportunities from employers of all types and sizes
- Job Alerts: Receive an instant notification of a new listing that matches your criteria
- Event Connection: Make connections with employers who are planning to attend the same healthcare events that you are and arrange face-to-face meetings onsite
- Custom Content: Access to career advice, tools and resources, industry-related articles and healthcare trends that impact your career
- Free to use: Search and apply to jobs and use all features at no cost
Employers: Staff your ENTIRE facility with SICP and the HEALTHeCAREERS Network!
The most strategic healthcare recruiting tool available.
- A powerful search engine: Search results are more relevant for job seekers, driving more qualified applicants to your posting
- Advertising Products: Enable you to target candidates and broadcast your brand to large audiences, complementing your postings and increasing response
- Event Connection: Allows the ability to make connections with candidates who are planning to attend the same healthcare events that you are and arrange face-to-face meetings onsite
- Customer service: We provide personalized consultation throughout your contract term
- Resume Databank and Resume Alert: Take a proactive approach and contact candidates whose resumes are posted in our database or receive notification each time a new resume is posted that matches your criteria
What do I need to do?
Visit SICP’s Career Center today and register to post jobs or apply to jobs. Here’s how:
Employers: Visit SICP Career Center and click on the “Employer” button to begin the process of posting your job positions. Or contact a HEALTHeCAREERS for questions about any of your healthcare recruiting needs.
Job Seekers: Visit SICP Career Center and click the “Job Seeker” button to register, allowing you to post your resume or CV, apply directly to listings, receive job alerts, and much more!
For more information or to contact HEALTHeCAREERS Network, call toll-free (888) 884-8242 or Email: email@example.com
SICP Important Dates: Register Today!
SICP’s 2011 New England Symposium & Annual Meeting
July 28-31, 2011 • Boston, MA
Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT)
November 7-11, 2011 • San Francisco, CA