Legislative Update Regarding the CARE Bill and the 112th CongressAs you may be aware, the CARE Bill did not pass in the 111th Congress. The members of the Alliance for Quality Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy (AQMIRT) were hopeful in December that the bill would be acted on prior to the holiday recess and new members took their seats. This new Congress has some leadership changes and is no longer controlled by the Democrats. In addition to this change, there are new committee chairs for:
- House Ways and Means Committee, now chaired by Rep. Dave Camp (R-MI);
- Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee, now chaired by Rep. Joe Pitts (R-PA);
- Energy and Commerce, now chaired by Rep. Fred Upton (R-MI).
SICP Celebrates American Heart Month!Take the opportunity to recognize and appreciate Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals in February! February 4: National Wear Red Day February 13-19: Cardiovascular Professionals Week February 7-14: Congenital Heart Defect (CHD) Awareness Week February 18: Women’s Heart Health Awareness Day SICP would like to thank everyone who purchased the SICP American Heart Month Kit!
12th Annual New Cardiovascular HorizonsNCVH Discount for SICP Members June 1-4, 2011 New Orleans, Louisiana Now entering its 12th year, New Cardiovascular Horizons (NCVH) is the longest-running “head-to-toe” multi-disciplinary meeting to focus on peripheral interventions and limb preservation. Conference chairman, Craig M. Walker, MD, has set his sights on raising NCVH’s profile as the nation’s leading peripheral meeting. “We want to create a medical educational program that will promote better understanding, diagnosis and treatment of PAD and venous disease,” said Dr. Walker. “We want to establish PAD as a marker of high risk for cardiovascular death and disability.” Join us at New Cardiovascular Horizons for the SICP Signature RCIS Review Course, along with:
- 26 LIVE peripheral intervention cases performed from 6 different cath labs;
- 8 hours of advanced education for cath lab professionals;
- 4 hours of hands-on simulation training at the Tulane University Medical Simulation Center;
- 200+ lectures from world-renowned faculty.