Together we can do so much more…
As we all know, there are many changes occurring in healthcare today and we, as professionals in the invasive cardiovascular profession, are not exempt from changes that will affect our ability to serve our patients the best we can. The recognition of our field of practice and the credential which represents our field, the Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), has never been more important. Many states formally recognize the RCIS on a limited licensure status, and SICP is working diligently to increase the number of states that recognize our professional credential as well as assist in educating policymakers regarding the benefit of appropriate minimum standards in education and credentialing on a national level.
Only together can we make a difference. SICP needs both additional volunteer leaders to assist and lead with advocacy efforts as well as financial contributions. All contributions will be utilized to strengthen our advocacy efforts for the RCIS credential to key policymakers and regulatory agencies. Every dollar will help, and no contribution is too small. While SICP membership dues are primarily used for general operating expense and play a vital role in promoting the professional society, advocacy dollars will be designated for use on expenses specifically related to advocacy efforts.
Such advocacy efforts include:
- Political updates.
- Current RCIS recognition.
- eAdvocacy Tool Kit - Information to help you advocate for healthcare issues that affect the RCIS profession.
What is asked of SICP Advocates?
- Contact your representative and senators when a call-to-action is requested by the SICP.
- Meet with your senators and representative or their staff locally if necessary.
- Cultivate a working relationship with your congressional members and be a resource to your legislators as well as to the SICP Advocacy Committee.
- Inform the SICP Advocacy Committee of your efforts so that we may share with other SICP members!
Please note that SICP is a 501(c)6 not-for-profit organization and contributions to the Advocacy Campaign are not deductible on an individual’s or company’s annual taxes.
Go to www.sicp.com to contribute!
SICP: Advocacy In Action Survey
Your assistance with this project is greatly appreciated!
Please send your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where are you located?
- Please review your state’s Department of Public Health website. Identify language pertaining to the RCIS or allied health care professionals working in the cath lab, then please send us the website link to this page.
- Are you willing to be the advocacy contact for your state?
- Are there any state issues currently?